sexually frustrated?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
CWentzEMT
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 20 year old Eastern Box Turtle that is having some MAJOR behavior issues. He originally was housed with a female ornate and a female three toed. Out of the blue he attacked them both, killing one and taking two toes off the other! He now lives alone which I think he hates. I also have a Russian who now lives with the three toed. If they go anywhere near his tank he bashes the sides and literally tries to run after them. He looks like he\'s trying to mate with them but obviously I won\'t let him get close. He\'s so preoccupied with mating he barely shows interest in food! Any suggestions on what to do with a sexually frustrated box turtle???
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

I dont think his behavior has to do with mating at all, I think its aggression or territorial behavior, i\'m not sure why he\'s doing this towards the turtles, but for some reason he doesnt like them near him i take it. Is the other turtles in his tank or by his tank? If so, remove them from his sight and let him releave his stress and he will probibly start eating again if he doesnt have that stress. Good Luck!
Willie
  • Information