pooping on floor

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
3turtlemom

Our female RES( about 3 years old)-- we have had her since October of last year-- has a bad habit of pooping on the floor or rug when we have her out walking around- she loves to wander around and hide in various places- unfortunately she leaves little presents(poop) also. I have had a male res for about 10 years now and never had this problem- and we also have a young male res( about 1.5 years old and he has never done this either-
She appears to be healthy- she loves to eat- and is very active and curious- we do not keep the turtle out long and of course make sure they do not walk into trouble- we do not have any other animals-
she is growing fine and does not appear to have any problems in her anal area-
any ideas or comments would be appreciated-
we love all our turtles- and are just tired of cleaning up after her- thanks so much!
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

put newspaper on the ground like you would a dog or cat its what i do when my RES is wandering try to keep yours in on the newspaper though
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Maybe you should feed her and then wait until she goes in the tank before letting her out. That\'s what I do, and I don\'t have any problems in this area with my two RES. It\'s weird though, maybe she just was nervous the first few times and got accustomed to going when you take her out of the tank?
  • Information