ok hello talk to me

Discussions about turtles.
browny turtle
Level 1
Level 1

ok i have ask everone typed on every messege how big do the turtles on artesofnature get for heveans sake please anwser me plese plese plese
please
please
please
Jamie
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

hi

When you buy from artsofnature...like they advertize u get 1 1/2 to 2 inches...then turtles generally grow 1/2 to 1 inch a year...

These are red ear sliders they can grow to 4-6 inches for a male and 6-10 inches for females appx

but that would take a long time

BTW selling turtles with shell size below 4 inches is illegal (bcause of salmonella )...but artsofnature (see ad) have salmonella free certified turts..
and they are giving turts for adoption(educational/display etc etc....)
Cost wise one hatchling from artsof nat costs almost the same as a 4-6 inch(full grown res) in petsmart or Jacks aquarium....
browny turtle
Level 1
Level 1

thank u for your reply so far you r the only one who has anwerd me.
so do you think i should buy a turtle from arofnature becasue i want a smalll turtle and everyone does and i have wanted one for 2 months now but we cant find one so do you think that a res is the smallest turtle if not and you now of a web site that has a smaller turtle then please tell me or if you done know of a web site tell me what the smallest i can buy.
once again thank you for the reply
Jamie
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

RES aren\'t the smallest turtles that you can get but they are the easiest to take care of. Check out my site at: http://www23.brinkster.com/seansplace/default
There is alot of information about different turtles on there.
trelanea

I find that box turtles are fairly easy to take care of, and they usually stay smaller than res\' depending on the species. I could never afford the filters and pumps for aquatic cages. Therefore they were messy and very hard to clean. Box turtles are much less messy and smelly in that respect, and on average, cheaper to maintain.

Cheers!
  • Information