Green ALGAE

Discussions about turtles.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Hey,
Okay, this question isn\'t for me but for my sister..she has a large tank with fish in it...
the problem is that the ENTIRE tank goes green..the water and the sides is coated with this stuff..
she will scrub the tank clean and it just comes back a week later...she even changed her filter and bought chemicals to reduce the fungi in her tank..
she used to have it set up in front of a window but I made her move it...
I can\'t figure out why it is so infected with fungi...
Anyone else have this problem??
TurtleMama
Level 2
Level 2

I had that problem when I had a 5 gal fish tank. If it is a \'bright\' green, it is too much nutrients in the tank. Tell her to wipe it off the glass and be sure she has an algae eater. It might help to not feed the fish for a couple of days or cut way down on the amount she is giving them. Good Luck!
Turtles are more fun!!
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks, I\'ll tell her to cut back on feeding the fish..it is bright green...I don\'t recall her overfeeding them.....but, it\'s a good option
They do have 2 cleaner fishes but I told her to get a few more....
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

The tank might be situated too close to a window...If the tank is exposed to too much sunlight algae will grow faster.

Keep the tank away from direct sunlight.

Regards
Rahul
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, it isn\'t close to any windows anymore..hasn\'t been for a few months and this problem is still happening
  • Information