starving turtle....

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
l8or_g8or
Level 2
Level 2

Joe Mama is a little mmmmmm, plump? Should I cut back on regular food and give her more veggies? (She continues to tell me I am starving her) Did I also mention she lies?
herpgirl85
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem! Try feeding them live fish, or guppies depending on how big it is, that way, they get plenty of exercise before they can eat.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

turtles are always hungry. especially when they know that the hand that feeds them has snacks attached to it sometimes. keep her on her regular routine. don't vary or it my harm her. just don't give her alot of snacks and ignore when she begs for them.

turtle obesity..... is a big time health issue in pet turtles....

but are you sure your turtle is obese?

chk out symptoms and the recom. diet indicated in the <Feeding> section of Pet Turtle...

we would have reproduced it for you here...but its just too cumbersome! :-/

CHK OUT: Pet Turtle - Your Turtle\'s Home
http://petturtle.htmlplanet.com
Joyy

I got a RES last Saturday I have moved him from a 20 gal tank to a 40 in that time and have messed around trying to perfect this tank arrangement. Do turtles stress? he jumps when I come near, him he hasn\'t eaten like I was told he would, I hear people say they take the turtle out of the tank to feed them I don\'t think this turtle would like that. what do I do! how can I make Leonardo happy!
Boogie
Level 2
Level 2

Yes they stress, when they aren\'t used to being in an environment they\'ll hide and sleep a lot w/o eating for a while until they get used to their new home, regardless of how yummy the food is. They\'ll also stress if they\'re not used to being handled and you pick them up too much.

rahter than stressing they \'shy\'!

new surroundings and disturbed ones at that will make ur turt a lil jumpy.. give it time..a few monts to get used to the environment & u....

till then reduce activity around it to a minimum....and then increase it slowly
  • Information