Can I put in fish with my turtle?

Discussions about turtles.
boomerang
Level 1
Level 1

I have a diamondback, and I was thinking about getting him a fish to keep him company. Is this a good or bad idea. I know he will probably kill it, but I thought he would have fun chasing it around. Is there any certain kind that is better to put in with him than others?

Thanks, Boom
mjorgen
Level 1
Level 1

it should be fine to put fish in with him but there is a chance he will eat them although my res made friends with the ones i put in with him. i would recommend guppies there cheap so if they get eaten then oh well
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I had put in about 15-20 feeders before I went away on a vacation. When I came back, there were two left. That was in February, and those two fish are still in there. Snoopy won\'t even chase them anymore. She actually lets them eat algae off of her shell without bothering them.
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

I have had 10 black skir tetrs in my ank wih my paint turtle for about 6 monhes now. They are twice the size of guppies. If I put guppies in there he will eat them. Keep he turtle well fed and maybe get some fish a little larger and you should have no problems
  • Information