I want pet turtles and need help please.

Discussions about turtles.
PirateTurtles

I would like to get pet turtles for my room but I want baby ones. I would prefer a breed of turtles that stay relatively small. Does anyone know any good species? I heard a lot of small turtles were banned because they carry diseases and such.

Any advice? Thank you!
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

There arnt really any turtles that stay small, turtles are small when they are little but grow to be big when they have the chance to grow in a bigger tank or habitat. Though i do not recommened you keep a turtle in a small habitat just so that it will stay small. Red ear sliders are good turtles to begin with, but they can grow up to 10 inches. It is your choice!
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Most people will recommend Red Ear Sliders.

Easy to care for and relatively small.
Its illegal to \"sell\" turtles with shells less than 4 inches(because of salmonella).
But you can adopt turtles of shell size less than 4 inches for educational,display purposes.

Check out www.artsofnature.com for more details ,i have bought from this site)

Regards
Rahul

if you live in Canada{I live there},you won\'t be able to get one unless someone gives you one.And yes,turtles do have semmenalla{I don\'t know how to spell it}poisoning.Wash your hands well before touching ANYTHING.
  • Information