turtle always acts like it is hungry

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
boomerang
Level 1
Level 1

My turtle acts like it is hungry constantly. I feed it about 10 times a day, but I feel like I\'m over doing it. He still acts hungry though after all that. Any tips on how many times I should feed him and what I should do. Usually when I feed him I drop two or three pellets and a pinch of shrimp. Thanks.
femmfaerie
Level 1
Level 1

Boomerang wrote:
My turtle acts like it is hungry constantly. I feed it about 10 times a day, but I feel like I\'m over doing it. He still acts hungry though after all that. Any tips on how many times I should feed him and what I should do. Usually when I feed him I drop two or three pellets and a pinch of shrimp. Thanks.

How big is your turtle? I have two HUGE turtels - like the size or my head - the smaller of the two always acts like she is hungry. My vet told me to feed mine 1 or two times daily (personally I think they are fat)I put about 20 - 30 pellets in the water once a day - twice if Faera is driving me nuts. I have also noticed they act crazy when they want out of the tank...although this may not be the case for you. My turtles have decided they are land turtles.
I think the amount of food depends upon the size of the turtle, but i do not think turtels are like fish, when mine are ot hungry they do not eat.
  • Information