Snapping eggs!

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

Last night a friend, my girlfriend, and I found a half dead mother snapping turtle on the side of the road near a marsh where we go to hunt for turles. The two foot snapper had been hit by a car and her eggs were falling out of her side. I was able to find all of the eggs except for one that was hit by a car. So now I have 12 snapper eggs. My question is during the incubation period I have read that you are not supposed to roll the egg cuz you can break the embryo. Well the eggs were coming out of her so ofcourse the were rolled. Does anyone think that these eggs have a chance? I know that when they are laid that the fall from the mother into the nest that the have to roll a little. Any advice is welcome. Feel free to coment, I feel like it was my dutie to save her babies since she had died, I couldn\'t let them get eaten by a ratcoon. Anyways I\'m incuating them now and I\'m hoping for the best.
femmfaerie
Level 1
Level 1

That was very noble of you. I do not kwow if they will hatch - but it sounds like they have a good fighting chance, I do know you need to keep the eggs moist. Good luck.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

omg that is soo sweet what you did! Just keep incubating them and if they survive they survive if they dont there is nothing anyone could do =(.good luck &best wishes wit the turtles =)
  • Information