eggs and breeding time

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
rindiansfan

We had a really strange occurrance in our turtles aquarium today. One of them, I think it was Timi(female) released something that was long and brown like the usual stuff but then they all started trying to eat it and it had little brown \"solid\" things in it, like eggs. I know when they lay their eggs they are supposed to be white, but the only male we have is less than 1/2 her size so I really don\'t think they bred. What I need to know is if the females still create eggs (you know like chickens) without breeding and is it harmful to them. Any help anyone can give me would be great because we love our (babies) and don\'t want anything to happen to them.

Thanks for the help!!!!!
femmfaerie
Level 1
Level 1

rindiansfan wrote:
We had a really strange occurrance in our turtles aquarium today. One of them, I think it was Timi(female) released something that was long and brown like the usual stuff but then they all started trying to eat it and it had little brown \"solid\" things in it, like eggs. I know when they lay their eggs they are supposed to be white, but the only male we have is less than 1/2 her size so I really don\'t think they bred. What I need to know is if the females still create eggs (you know like chickens) without breeding and is it harmful to them. Any help anyone can give me would be great because we love our (babies) and don\'t want anything to happen to them.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

I do not know what they were eating - but i dot think it was anything good. My turtles lay eggs and I think they are both female, I think they just start laying them - unless one is a boy and I dont know.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

I don\'t think that was eggs they were laying..
if it was brown, I\'m thinking it was some sort of parasite...
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, it was for sure not eggs, good luck!!
Willie
  • Information