leeches!

Discussions about turtles.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

I just recently bought a new bottle of gamarus(river shrimp) for my turtle and for some reason in this particular bottle there are leeches everyonce in a while with the shrimp! this is the brand i\'ve always bought and ive never found a leeche untill this bottle! i was wondering if leeches are alright for my turtle to be eating or if i should take them out. she doesnt mind them since i\'ve been feeding them to her so far and she gobbles them just like the shrimp.
i hope i get a reply!
Erica*
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

I believe that leeches are just fine for your turtles. I was told that these adorable turties will eat just about anything and it is good to give them a wide variety of food. Hey, mine eat cooked pieces of chicken meat...not the skin though. HA!! I just hold a little bit in my hand at the top of the water and they nip away at it. I hope this put your mind at ease.
Moxie
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

i wouldnt give them the bottle with leeches it might be bad for them i would just buy another bottle since u never haad aleeches in them before ther probably not suppose to be there
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Hey Erica well that kinda worries me since we buy the same brand! lol but hey if she eats them..then go for it! leeches are in the wild to...if she eats them here she would prolly eat them in the wild too!
  • Information