Who knows what I am?even more picture added

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Skylark

Last edited by Skylark on Wed May 28, 2003 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysta
Level 1
Level 1

i think it may be a wood turtle. i don\'t know if they usually have that yellow keel though. here is a description site. take a look at it and it may help you decide if it is a wood turtle.
:)http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vin ... /wood.html
also, i\'m leaving a field guide link here so that you can search that way too. good luck
:)http://www.geocities.com/turtlestevespl ... guide.html
Krysta
Level 1
Level 1

I\'ve been looking at more pictures. Maybe it\'s a three-toed box turtle. Can you send a picture of it\'s plastron?
Skylark

Thank you so much for replying Krysta. I looked at both the sites you sent me and Sabastian does look a lot like the wood turtle. I will take a picture of his plastron and post it. I went to the field guide and it stated that he could be a mud turtle. He doesn’t seem to fit any of the descriptions though. There’s a little difference here and there. But, yes I’ll take a picture of his plastron tonight and get is developed and scanned in. Thank you for your help. I just want to take care of him the best I can.

Skylark
Skylark

I took him to a vet for identification. I was worried that I wasn’t taking care of him properly. I found out he\'’ a Terrapene carolina triungus or a three toed box turtle. I had to completely change his home, but I\'’ very happy I know now and Sabastian is happy too. Thanks Krysta for your help.
Krysta
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I haven\'t been online in a long time so I haven\'t seen your posts. That\'s good that you finally found out what it was. Have fun with your new turtle!
  • Information