Releasing turtles outside - Need advice!

Discussions about turtles.
LestatTB

I found some turtle eggs last summer, and two healthy turtles hatched. I kept them in my classroom all year and would like to release them into a front-yard pond that has no other fish or predators. The pond is about 3 feet deep. My questions are: Will the turtles be OK going from an indoor aquarium to an outside pond, and how do I prepare them? Thank you so much!
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

Hey Lestat...are you the Vampire Lestat from the Ann Rice novels????
OK. To your question. what kind of turtles are they? Also, where do you live?
In one of my turtle books it says to NOT release aquarium raised turtles into the wild because of diseases they might contract. But, is your outdoor pond man made? I personally would be too attached to the little buggers to let them go. Hope all goes well.
Grifter
Level 3
Level 3

what about cats
LestatTB

moxie wrote:
Hey Lestat...are you the Vampire Lestat from the Ann Rice novels????
OK. To your question. what kind of turtles are they? Also, where do you live?
In one of my turtle books it says to NOT release aquarium raised turtles into the wild because of diseases they might contract. But, is your outdoor pond man made? I personally would be too attached to the little buggers to let them go. Hope all goes well.
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

put a heater for like 100 gallons and a filter, add some hide boxes on lad, and some lilly pads, plants, etc.. and add about 200 feeder guppies to feed the turtles regualry.
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

put a heater for like 100 gallons and a filter, add some hide boxes on lad, and some lilly pads, plants, etc.. and add about 200 feeder guppies to feed the turtles regualry.
  • Information