Paracitic infestations in Red Ear Sliders

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
JPEG

I have 2 younger RES. I\'ve had the female for a little under a year and the male for about 5 months. I got both of these turtles from to very different places. I work at a PetSmart so I know what how I susposed to keep them and everything. They both seem to be doing alright and never seemed unhealthy in any way. A few days ago I was playing with the male and I noticed a back thing wiggling out of his anus and it went back in. So I\'m assuming it\'s a intestinal worm. Does anybody have any advice on how to treat this? any information at all. Thank you in advance.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

check out the care sheets on this web page.
It\'s actually their sex organs coming out..it\'s alright as long they go back inside...if they don\'t, you might have to help them put it back in or put it in warm water...
JPEG

Thank you for the advice. That was what I first thought, but i still am unsure becasue they are both barely over a year old. I have seen them doing that little \"dance\" thing that turtes do when they are in heat. So it could very well be. Thanks again.
Last edited by JPEG on Thu May 22, 2003 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Mine are not very old either(Just a little over a year) and they have been doing that for quite a while.
  • Information