Is a..............

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Reaver

60 watt light bulb good enough for the turtle to bask???
Boogie
Level 2
Level 2

60 watts is good... IF it's a basking lamp, otherwise there won't be enough heat generated by the bulb. Especially with all these energy-saver bulbs that are being sold that are made to be brighter but not warmer. In the case of turtles, light isn't as important as heat. I have a 50 watt basking lamp positioned above a flat rock and it's plenty warm for my little guys.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

it's a great choice
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

hello michelle here again ever since my yertles fall she hasnt been quite the same its been a few weeks now she keeps getting on her basking area and sticking her head inside the basking lamp(it has a cage like cover)she can get her head in ther cause i have the tank open a little at the top but she keeps getting her head in there(on purpose ive watched her im afraid she will burn herself the lamp gets hot)and she just sits there with her head stuck in there right now i hear her flailing around slamming against the glass shes so AGGITATED i dont knwo what to do for her she has everything she needs as far as care but she isnt even basking anymore she has it in her mind she must escape YES ESCAPE she wont stop trying to get out of the tank she barely started eating after a week and she looks different i dunno what it is her eyes dont look right to me HELP AGAIN my turtle is flipping out on me!!!!!!!!!
  • Information