help plz?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Turtle183

how big of aquarium should i have for 1painted turtle
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

It really depends on the size of the turtle. if it is small, but still growing, I would advise getting a tank big enough for an adult so you don\'t have to spend your money buying two tanks.

An adult painted can get up to 5-10 inches in length, depending on gender. Do you know whether it is a male or female? If it is a male, depending on size, about 30-40 gallons should be fine even when fully grown. A female will require more space deending on how large she is.

If you have a hatchling, and are trying to just get a temporary setup, you can get a 20 gallon long and have it last for quite a while.
The Turtle Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I also have a question. I have a 29 gallon tank with 3 turtles, 7 fish, and 1 african clawed frog. Oh yeah, and about 8 cleaner shrimp, those guys really help out by eating leftover turtle and fish food! And i was wondering, at what turtle size should i upgrade to a bigger tank (maybe a fifty gallon). I was thinking in a year or two when all the turtles are about 2-5 inches long. What should i do?
  • Information