help!!i am a new owner of 2 res.

Discussions about turtles.
redearsliderturtle788
Level 1
Level 1

hey i just got my turtles and it is my first time to have turtles.i need big help. i dont know what thy like to eat,how much water i shold put in the tank i am not even sure if the tank is big enough. please give me the basic rules.i hae to res. they r cute.they also like to dig in this mulch stuff i got them.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Midori
Level 1
Level 1

i think you just need to do some reading on the web. that\'s what i did. this site has care sheets and so do many other websites. just look up res care and you should come up with a lot of information.
www.turtlecare.net
http://www.resoasis.com/

and i don\'t really know what you mean by mulch. is your tank full of water with mulch on the bottom? look at some pictures of habitats. i have 2 baby turtles they have about 8 inches of water and they really enjoy it as long as they have something to cling to to rest on.

just do some reading good luck

well i have been in your place and it stinks not knowing what to do....this web site helped me tons! first of all each turtle is different and they do have personalities! i feed my turtle (Mr. T)a varity of things. He like the normal turtle pellets that you can purchase at the store, but he loves carrots and meat. i feed him a little of anything and everything but be sure to not overfeed the turtle. Mr. T is in a 10 gallon tank and that\'s to small for him now and he is being put into a 20 gallon long tank soon. I fill the 10 gal tank up a little over the half way point, and he loves to swim as long as he has a place to get out and soak under the light (basking). i have stones at the bottom of the tank which he loves to dig and can be somewhat noisy, and he likes to eat the stones so just watch what you put in.i hope this helps and good luck, they are lots of fun.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

Midori or any body else A ? for you i have 1 RES its 1 inch long bout 1/2 inch wide its in a 10 gallon tank right now i only have about 2 1/2 inches of water in it do i need more i haveplaces for it to sunbathe and stuff out of the water but do ineed more water in there?
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Layla you don\'t NEED more water but i\'m sure your turtle would like it a lot if it had more water to swim in! as long as it still can get on a basking area.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

lol thanx again baby_Res i put that comment in ealry this morning i alredy filled it up to 5 in lol i d appreciate it if u would read another of the areas i wrote in the subject is I NEED ANSWERS Now its in the general discussion area
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

lol no problem about answering the posts...if you need help just ask!
  • Information