when i feed my turtles they act like they r very hungry.

Discussions about turtles.
redearsliderturtle788
Level 1
Level 1

every time i feed my turtles they act like they r very hungry.also they snap at my fingers when i feed them. i feed them like 3 pieces of food yesterday.they still acted like they were hungry. i feed them these little stick things.should i feed them a different kind of things?please help me.i also have 2 turtles.both r res.i think they r really young.
Grifter
Level 3
Level 3

they are bottomless pits
keep feeding them and they will keep eating
just try to imagine how big their stomach is in their shells and feed accordingly
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

you should be glad they act like that..two signs i watch out for in res to see if they are healthy...(apart from any abnormalities) are whether they eat like pigs and bask...if they do both they are ok(though u\'ll probably find symptoms u need to watch out for on some site)...acting hungry is very normal..
Timmi
Level 1
Level 1

You should see Timmi when I take a while to feed she tries to climb out of her tank!! She got half way out before I caught her one time. No one worry half way is about as far as she can get.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

i have a baby turtle i was told to feed 2 times a day but olny little amounts per feeding
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

they always act like there hungry (mine at least) but only feed them the amount you were told to! I feed mine only what they can consume in 5 mins!
  • Information