Filtration

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

I recently aquired a 75 gal. tank w/ 2 Penguin 660 powerhead filters & under the gravel grates. I bought the suggested attachment kit to reverse the flow of water from the bottom up. It comes with 2 huge sponge filters that attach to the heads. I also put larger pebbles at the bottom of the tank instead of gravel. does anyone out there know if this will be sufficient filtration for my 2 RES (approx. 4\" shell length) I know that they are small now but...?? Do I need a carbon filter as well??? Any suggestions??

Also, do any of you guys who have large tanks, feed your turtles in the large tank or do you take them out to feed them???

thanks to any & all who reply to my questions!
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

moxie wrote:

Also, do any of you guys who have large tanks, feed your turtles in the large tank or do you take them out to feed them???

thanks to any & all who reply to my questions!
I feed my map in a small plastic container taht is easy to fill and dump. I has reduced water changes by a lot!
  • Information