Turtle Maelstrom?

Discussions about turtles.
The Turtle Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I recently got 2 new tank mates for my res. A map and what I think is a regular old slider. In any case, I put them in their new spacious 30 gallon tank with the few resident fish (gouramis mainly) and gave em the usual pellet meal twice daily. Then i decided to get them some feeder fish (my res loved the fish i got for him) but wally-world was all out, however, they did have shrimp for 26 cents a pop. So I bought like 15 shrimp, and stood poised over the tank, about to release them into the turtle maelstrom below, and all at once i pour them into the tank. NOTHING HAPPENED! Well, thats a lie, the turtles stayed on their lilly pads, the gouramis nibbled the shrimp, the african clawed frog proceeded to try and eat the atenae of the shrimp, and when they intruded on his cave, to kick them out. And that was it. What is wrong with these turtles?
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

Whenever I put new things into my tank it takes a day or so for my map to check it out. I put in new plants the other day for her to hide in, and she cowered in the other corner afraid of them for a few hours! Now I can\'t find her anywhere but in the plants.

They are funny sometimes
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

HAHAHA, that\'s the complete opposite of my tank...I put new feeders in and hope they will last longer then a few days...
The Turtle Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I know, its crazy aint it? Maybe they arent used to eating shrimp in their natural habitat? That could be the reason the fish go and the shrimp stay.
  • Information