New plants for my map

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I purchased new plants for my map turtle that arrived yesterday! Her tank looks so much nicer now that they are there. I will try to post a few pics on Monday when I get hold of a digital camera. WHen I put them in, she freaked, and cowered in the other corner for a while, and then tentatively approached the plants. SHe swam back and forth for a while, letting herself get closer and closer to the plants. She is so cute! Now she can be found hanging out in the plants all the time!

Does anyone know if red and green cobomba are safe for turts? I put in anacharis(elodea) so far, which I know is safe. I have the cobomba in a separate tank while I find out if it is safe!
The Turtle Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know about comba-whatever, but i know i put in a plant for my turtle, and it didnt even eat it, although it did try to eat the plastic ones! :)
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

she really likes eating the anacharis (elodea), but I had to take the cabomba out. It\'s foliage breaks off to easily, and clogs the filter intake! Oh well. It looks nice with me feeder fish in their holding tank!
  • Information