fluval all in one???

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I was thinking of buying a new filter for my map turtle. I currently have a duetto 100, and I was looking for something that will last a bit longer between water changes.

I was looking through the new foster and smith catalogue, and I am not sure about the external cannisters, as I have no experience with them. I was looking at the fluval all in one. I was wondering if anyone has anu feedback on them, and which one I should get. I have a 29L filled about 3/4 of the way. I have one turt that is about 5 inches. I feed her in a different tank to make the water stay clean longer, but i still have to change it about every 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any feedback? I was thinking of getting the fluval 3.

Thank you
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

sorry it is called teh Fluval plus series.
l8or g8or

my vote goes for the external canister filters. I used to use the Fluval Plus but they take up too much swimming area. The Fluval canisters are wonderful, as are the Filstars - I have both.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

How big are they? The filter that I have is a submersible, and my map turt loves to lean on it. Do you know how big the Fluval 3 or 4 might be in comparison? Can you lay them sideways at the end of the tank?
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I am sorry to keep adding to my own post before anyone even has a chance to reply, but I was looking through the foster and smith catalogue at the cannister filters. I also looked at some online reviews of each.

Is the fluval hard to prime? I have a 29L tank, but I will be getting a larger tank in a year or so, should I get the Fluval 204 or 304? (They are on sale for a good price!)
l8or g8or

I would go for the biggest which is Fluval 404, it\'s a cannister filter and the entire thing sits on the outside of the tank on the floor, two hoses go inside the tank.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I have my tank on a counter. Will the filter work if the cannister sits on the counter? Or does it have to be lower than the tank for some reason? Thank you for all of your help. I think am going to order the 404 from foster and smith, I am just going to check out some other prices online.

Thank you again!
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I was reading your Fluval posts. I have Penguin Powerheads (UGH?) I was thinking of gettting the Fluval in addition to the powerheads. Do you know how much noise the Fluval makes?? My 75gal tank is in my bedroom and obviously I would like quiet.
Thanks
  • Information