WILL MY BABY RES BE OK WITH ANOTHER RIVER TURTLE?

Discussions about turtles.

I RECENTLY GOT 2 50CENT SIZED RED EARED SLIDERS, BUT TODAY I RESCUED A COOTER TURTLE (SAME SIZE AS MY SLIDERS)FROM A PARKING LOT. CAN I PUT THE COOTER TURTLE IN MY 20 GALLON AQUARIUM, WITH MY SLIDERS?
kamby
Level 2
Level 2

I dont think a baby turtle is gonna have sex!

I don\'t think its a matter of sex.. Its a question of whether or not 2 different breeds of turtles can co-exist.

I\'m not sure if a cooter and a RES can live together -- but I do know this... Even if the cooter was another RES -- it would be bad to put them together now.

The rescued turtle could have worms, diseases, etc. I\'d keep \'em seperated for awhile before I even thought about putting \'em together.

Just a thought.

thanks for your reply but im afraid it may be too late for my sliders. seems like they aren\'t doing very well, they don\'t eat very well, and they have a hard time trying to swim to the bottom. i took the cooter out of the tank which seems to be doing quite well i might add (not floating). anyway any help would be great!!!!!
Sennyo
Level 2
Level 2

eek!! Never say too late :D hopefully some of the information on this site may save them. (crosses her fingers and prays for you rlittle guys)

I\'ve seen similar problems posted by other members of this site before.

http://www.allturtles.com/msgboard/view ... picID=1886

In this particular thread Rahul posted a few other links to threads that dealt w/ the same problem, and got some helpful answers.

PLEASE, if you can\'t figure out what\'s wrong, take the little ones to a knowledgable vet.

Hope this helps, and please keep us posted on how they\'re doing! :)

try putting your cooter in another aqurium{if you have one}beside the sliders.The sliders might snap at the cooter,if they do,you cant keep the cooter.You\'ll need to let it go.

P.S.I\'m about to get a big painted turtle!
  • Information