Water Temp?

Discussions about turtles.
kamby
Level 2
Level 2

I just found out that the water temp should be around 80 degrees for RES turtles I have only had my turtles for about a week. The water now is probably just reg room temp. Should they be okay until I get a water heater?
Sennyo
Level 2
Level 2

I\'d they\'ll be okay if you go out and get them the heater and lighting setup they need right away. I got a cheap heater for mine for about 20 dollars.

My poor turtle was stuck in a \"death bowl\" setup for a few months before I found this website, and she was okay. I think it\'s more that I was lucky and got a special little one than it was \"okay\" for her.

Turtles have to be warm to stimulate their appetite. Too cold and they go into hibernation, and worse, a little warmer than that but not warm enough for them to eat, and they\'ll just starve to death.

Hope this helps, and congrats on your new family members :D What did you name them?
Ningirl837
Level 1
Level 1

I also have a question, i can\'t afford a heater yet and the death bowl water seems a bit chilly, would it be ok to take my turtle out and warm up the water with like a heating pad??? then of corse check the temp b4 putting him back in.
  • Information