feeding baby RES

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
harleydava

Hi...
I have two baby RES turtles. I\'m not sure exactly how old they are, but I am guessing a few months. I got them about 6 weeks ago. They\'re both about 1.5 inches. Shortly after I got them they ended up with respiratory infections. But I took them to the vet and the antibiotics cured them. Now they are happy and healthy. I am just wondering how much they should be eating. I have been feeding them one and a half or two reptomin sticks a day. Is that okay? I know that as babies they are more carnivorous and as they get older they turn more herbivorous. But I\'ve still been giving them fruits and vegetables every few days. Dava absolutely LOVES tomatos and apples. She nibbles at spinach now and then also. But Harley isn\'t really interested in either fruits or vegetables. I am also wondering how often I can give them bloodworms as a treat since they love them and gobble them right up. I have been letting them have bloodworms twice a week. Also, has anybody tried giving their baby turtles live flies? Harley loves them. Anyway, I\'d appreciate any suggestions on amount of food, types of fruits/veggies, etc.

Thanks!

Christine, Harley, Dava :)
browny turtle
Level 1
Level 1

What the heck is RES?? im a beginer and i have no idea im sorry
Jamie
l8or g8or

RES is \"Red Eared Slider\". They usually don\'t like veggies & fruit til they are older, but you should still offer it anyway. I always leave a Romaine or Red Leaf Lettuce floating around in their tank just in case they want to nibble.
  • Information