Cleaning The Sides of Aquarium

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
darwing
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Again Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to clean the whitish film on the insides of the aquarium, its from the water line or splashes of water that dried. I
t is almost as if its baked on there. Does anyone know what I should do.

P.S. I figured out my basking spot and Franklin loves it.

P.P.S. What surfave should the basking area be, right now its just glass. Do they like a softer surface?

Thanks
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

I really have no clue what to do for you....it\'s a hard thing to get rid of and it always comes back...I usually take a sponge when I\'m cleaning the tank and just wipe it with water a few times and it looks great...
but it always comes back...
Kizzymae

Try using Vinegar on a damp sponge. It doesn\'t keep it away forever but it is gone longer than just using water. Hope this helps!

Proud parent of five RES
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Vinegar isn\'t a good thing to use since it is so acidic...it isn\'t going to wash away by just pouring water over it...
The only way I would EVER use this is if you can test the PH levels in the tank(there is a device you can buy at any petstore to do this)...and make sure you put enough declorinator in there....to balance out the PH levels..
darwing
Level 1
Level 1

Thats okay because it was for his basking area tank... anyways I ended up buying another 10 gallon for his basking area (they are only 9$) and all is great now :)

Thanks for everything guys :) : )
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

To clean that white stuff.....I have a razor blade on the end of a long wand. It is specially made for cleaning aquariums and can be bought at any pet store. They also make a coarse scrubbing device that is also on a long wand, it too can clean off that stuff. When using the blade...be careful that your turt isn\'t in the way if you do it with him in the tank of course. Hope this helps.
  • Information