False map turtle???

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Silfa
Level 1
Level 1

I came across pictures of a false map turtle and they look just like my Emma, pics here:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=213845 . I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I\'m right and where I can find a good care sheet for her? :)

snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I was not able to enlarg the pics, so I couldn\'t really tell. It is some kind of map turtle, as it has the yellow markings on the head. Did you also check out the info on alabama maps? I originally thought I had a false map, but then when I posted pics, someone told me it was an alabama map.

Just be careful, maps are less tolerant of poor water conditions than res. You really need to be vigilant about cleaning!
Silfa
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for helping :) Any info is useful
Last edited by Silfa on Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

There are some sites that have dichotemous keys (lists of characteristics to choose yes or no that narrow down the species.) If you search for \"map turtle dichotemous key\" or \"turtle dichotemous key\" you should be able to access one of those lists. There are certain shapes and locations of markings that distinguish the species. Good luck!
  • Information