best i can

Discussions about turtles.
steph

it\'s the easter holidays and school ended yesterday (i\'m 12 btw :) ) and no one wated to keep the turtles that we keep in our class. I love animals and i wasn\'t very keen about turtles though but i took them home anyhow.

i went on the internet to find out the best place to keep them and now there are so many things that the class including me neglected. we just got a big tank for our turtles (Romeo and Juliet), put a large stone which Romeo would climb on, fed them shrimps all the time, and would change the water when someone remembered. i\'m so ashamed. :( and some would poke them and play with them. they\'re probably traumitised!!

after reading a few sites i put a small stones on the bottom and a broken pot for a hiding place right now i think Romeo is basking on one. Juliet was very scared although now she is moving but still keeping in hiding, but i read this is normal after a bumpy trip on the bus like ours. i put about 2 inches of water and Romeo is floating but Juliet is at the bottom but she comes for the surface for air. they\'e not used to so much depth! i changed their food to chives and basil with lettuce but they didnt eat it, i guess they\'re still afraid.

i live in malta a sunny place so heat is natural with an open window but how much hours of light do they need? we get about 10 hrs of sun here is that enough? they let me grab them and brushed them on thei shells with a toothbrush, i think they liked it because they didn\'t put their head in.

is there anymore i can do? the class will pay for expenses but still i will have to take care of the price. I like turtles. at first i though they were just boring but now i know they are so much more. i would appreciate the help.

bad but trying :(
l8or g8or

Wow, Steph! I am glad you have joined. Romeo & Juliet are lucky to have you in their class :) You will find care sheets on the top of this website to also help you out. You didn\'t mention how big the turtles are - and how big the tank is that they are in. Let us know and we can go from there.
  • Information