feeding

Discussions about turtles.
neonite
Level 1
Level 1

How much should you feed a turtle. Mine loves goldfish and won\'t eat anything else. I feed her at least two at a time, and she continues to look for more. I fed her four tonight one right after another and she still wanted more. Am I over feeding her or is she just that hungry. I don\'t mind getting the fish to feed her, I just don\'t want to be doing something wrong. Also, is it ok if she just wants to eat fish or does she need other stuff?
l8or g8or

Feeding just fish is not a good thing, way too much protein! Fish should be used as a treat only, and given once a week. My adult RES would eat constantly if I let her, so yes they can be overfed. I would definately feed your turtle Reptomin, it may take a couple days but when it gets hungry enough it will eat them. You have to be stronger than the turtle and hold out til it eats! Don\'t give in to that sweet little face begging at the side of the tank. I feed my turtles several different kinds of food, a couple pellets of each kind. How old is your turtle? Have you tried veggies yet? Romaine lettuce is a good one to start with. Avoid Iceburg lettuce altogether.
  • Information