Confused and need answers really really fast

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
*~Pixel~*
Level 1
Level 1

i have two RES\' and at first the water wasnt that deep and one of them stayed out basking pretty much all the time except for when he was eating i just made the water deeper like 3 hours ago and he has been in there the whole time. does anybody know if that was the cure? also shoud i keep a light over my turtles during the night too, or only during daylight hours. thank you and i would appreciate ANY helpful advice
l8or g8or

I wouldn\'t worry, any change in their environment could cause him to be scared. He probably likes the deep water, & just checking things out. All my tanks (except my hatchling) is filled right to the very top. Your lights need to go off at night - all 4 of my tanks are in my livingroom, so I cover them with black sheets at 8 p.m. If they are not covered they will stay awake. As soon as they are covered, they settle down for the night.
*~Pixel~*
Level 1
Level 1

gotcha and also even if it is completely dark they wont go to bed unless they are covered?
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

I cover mine with a old adidas T shirt, whenever its dark, my REs hides in his hiding spot and shuts his eyes, its so cute, and if I turn on the light again he wakes up. I don\'t want to disturb his sleeping pattern so when its night time I cover the tank up with t shirts..haha..just incase any light gets in and wakes him up.
*~Pixel~*
Level 1
Level 1

wow mine must be really deep sleepers because all they do is sit there and sleep no matter what im doing-lol
  • Information