A Weekend Away HELP

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

I'm leaving town for a few days. I need to know what to do with my beloveds. I'm afraid to take them out of the aquarium because they are so use to their enviroment. I don't trust anyone to come over to my place. If I buy enough feeder fish and clean the tank before I leave do you guys think they will be fine? I need everyone's imput as quick as possible. This is a last minute trip that I couldn't avoid and I leave tomorrow evening. What can I do!?
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brandy,
If you stock the tank with alot of feeder fish, and make sure the tank is clean before you leave, your turtles will be fine. I have read that sometimes they go a week or more in the wild without eating. Just be sure to leave the basking light on, but I'm not sure what you should do about your UV... do you have a timer?
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Nope, but it sure seems like I have done everything right. LOL I sure appreciate it. I'm still nervous about it though. These are my babies and I love them. Hopefully I won't worry to much during the meetings. Thanks again!!!!!!! Your advice is worth a million!
  • Information