Waht kind of turtle do i have??????

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Reaver

I found a turtle on the streets and need help on what kind is he/she if you go here Your Turtle/Tortoise Pictures! on this website and click on the 6th pic on the left it looks like the one on the left. Also need help if it's a water or land turtle and what type of supplies do I need Thanks!
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like you have a red eared slider or a painted turtle. Both need the same care.
Before taking my advice, check to see if your turtle has webbed feet. If so, he is a aquatic turtle.
He/she will need a tank at least 20 gallons long depending on the size of your turtle. The water level should be atleast the length of the shell, more if possible... they love to swim. The turtle will need a dry land area to climb up on to bask. You will need to get a basking light and a UV light (reptisun 5.0 is most popular). The water temp should be 75-85 degrees, and basking area should be 80-90 degrees.
The turtle will need a varied diet: feeder fish, mealworms, crickets, cooked chicken, apples, romaine lettuce, carrots, and lots of other stuff you can read up on. They are very picky, so try again and again introducing different food to him. I hope that I helped give you a good head start.
Sherryl
Reaver

Where can I get: feeder fish, mealworms, and crickets??? Do they sell them in any pet store???
  • Information