fluval 2,3,4 plus underwater filters

Discussions about turtles.
new_res_owner
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 baby res in a 10 gallon tank with about 6 inches of water. Are the fluval underwater filters any good in keeping the water clear? I\'ve already spent more money than I want to on the setup (I skimped on the tank since they were so small and the 10 gallon was only $10. What other filters (underwater preferably) would you guys suggest for not too much money (less than $50)?

Thanks
l8or g8or

Ok, heres my view on this. I try to skip all the inbetween sizes of everything, unless I can get it dirt cheap at a yard sale or on eBay. I feel it is best to save the money that you would spend on the small stuff and go for the big tank & filter that you are going to need down the road anyway. As far as the Fluvals, I would go for the cannister filters, they work much better and don\'t take up any precious swimming area. Try Big Als online, or Foster & Smith - they have excellent prices. If you can make a \"condo\" for the top of your tank, you can use a filter that hangs off the back of your tank. (See my condos in my link below)
new_res_owner
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the info. I only bought the tank because it was only $10. I just called home and we actually have a canister filter that I can use. Now I\'m worried it\'ll be too strong for a 10 gallon tank.
  • Information