What was your first turtle?

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
l8or g8or

Mine was Joe. She started out my daughters, and was kept upstairs. She lost interest in her so I brought her downstairs so I could find her a good home. Now she\'s mine and I love her!!
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

My first turlte was Trouper. . i was 9 when I had \"him\" and I didn\'t take care of him properly. . the pet stores had told my paretns just to him him those pellets and keep \"him\" in the \"death bowls\" he lived for one year. . if I had only known what I know now he would still be alive . . I feel so bad for that! but ya he was VERY friendly way nicer then my turtles now . . . but I still love them!
StrifeAngel
Level 1
Level 1

My first two turtles where called, schildje (that\'s dutch for little shell)
And Stoffel (the name of a puppet from a children\'s tv show here in Holland)

I had them as well in a \'\'death bowl\'\' and they didn\'t live for to long. I still think that it is also part of the responsabillity of sales person to see if someone is capable of taking care of such an animal...Sadly some people still care more about profit than animals...I DO NOT!

Joey
Loving owner of,
Ma\'El (reeves\' turtle)
Ja\'Ral (RES)
guamturtle
Level 1
Level 1

My first turtle i ever got is a RES named fudge. About a year and a half ago.
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

I actually have a friend that found a turtle on a beach, and put it in a \"Death Bowl\" and ironically it has been there for 3 years now, and its fine.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

My first turtles are the ones I have now. They are two RES turtles and I got them illegally (although I didn\'t know it at the time) as a b-day gift. They were about the size of a quarter and have grown to be about 5\" long. I\'ve only named the boy so far, \"Chompers\" I\'m still waiting for the girl\'s name to come to me. I\'m having a hard time thinking of one for her. :(
Shai631 :)
turtluv

My first turtle was Fox..and i still have her. I got her when i was 11 so i have had her for about 4 or 5 years. She is a RES and i love her.
SeanO
Level 1
Level 1

my first turtle was tough guy, my dad brought him home when i was 10... one of his coworkers had run the pour thing over with his lawnmower. so we took him in and place him in our pound. Tried to fix the gash in his shell. Sadly though he died a week later due to the injuries he seffured from the lawnmower.
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

my first turtles, were 8 res\' and 6 of them are still living rite now :) I got them about 3 years ago, im 13 rite now :) So i got them wen I was 10.
femmfaerie
Level 1
Level 1

My first turtle was a Mud Turtle. Has any else heard of a Mud Turtle? He was the cutest thing I have ever seen, but I have never seen another. His name was Elephant and I had him for 9 years. He moved with me 4 times, including cross country. I was devistated when he passed, but I stil have my Cali and Faera, and I love them very much.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i got my first turtles wen i was 12. i named them slow and polke. slow died from disease and polke got stuck in a filter. then i had a turlte named burtha but was wild so we put back were it came from. then we had 3 painters and a RES which I still have now at age 13.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

my first turtle was a box turtle ( i think she is a three toed). my sister had purchased her just before i was born because her other one died. i cant remember when she gave it to me, but my dad took care of her for most of my life. i think she is 15 or 16. we have had her for about 14 years now! the strange thing is that the pet store said its life-span is only 5-6 years if well taken care of.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

I got my first 2 turtles 2 months ago there names are myrtle and squirt my brother named him squirt after the turtle in finding nemo. My turtles were bought by a friend that goes to nyc alot and he brought me home 2 res from a fleamarket. He said they had the turtles piled up in buckets and that some were dead in the bucket. I think is is horrible and i wont buy anohter one from chinatown and im glad this didnt happen to my turtles.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

I got mine on the fourth of july his name is mac & then i got resse for my birthday =) p.s. what\'s a death bowl =( it sounds mean ??
kingrattus
Level 1
Level 1

My first turtles were common snapping turtle brothers. George (6 mths, became horribly ill) & Sniper (4yrs, \'98 ice storm killed him)
Peanut1108
Level 1
Level 1

My 1st turtle was a painted turtle about the size of a quarter maybe a little smaller.
EaGlEsFaN251
Level 2
Level 2

My first turtle was a RES turtle its name is slim shelly
  • Information