Don't know what to do

Discussions about turtles.
bubbas_mom

I just got my slider turtle about a month ago at first he was very active, and would come to the glass everytime he saw me. But now all he does is just sit on his rock...and won't respond to his name like he use to..and I am very worried could some one please help me?
AllTurtles
Administrator
Administrator

Your turtle might be a little stressed. As long as he still eats and gets his nutrition he should be fine. How is your turtle today? Its been a while since you posted this message. Thats why I ask. :)
Kamegame
Level 1
Level 1

If you're still having trouble, I suggest playing with him/her. I made mine a "playground" in a cardboard box with a towel for carpet. I also put in some sea shells, a piece of wood, and flowers for decoration, which he sleeps under and climbs on. You should also give it a bath on weekends- mine loved it, and now he comes to the side of his dish to say hi every day. If you live somewhere warm, bring it outside and make it an outdoors home in your backyard. It's almost snowing where I live, but I've heard it's great for them as long as other animals don't harass them.
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

If their eating it's probably ok. Might want to take him for a check up to be sure.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

The outside suggestion is really good. But, I would only recommend it if your in a state that isn't wintery. Down here in the south it doesn't get that cold, but we are having a time right now. Anytime you can give them natural sunlight go for it. I put mine in a huge plastic tub with a little dirt at one end and some water in the other. They bask and get all playful. Like I said though, I would only do it in warmer weather.
  • Information