Dry or Humid?

Discussions about turtles.
InvisableMarker
Level 2
Level 2

Hi I just got a new baby turtle and I was curious as to if ayone knew wether a turtle prefers a nice humid environment or a dryer one. Since i\'m in Alaska it\'s pretty dry so I was wondering it I should mist it\'s tank as I do with my African Fat-Tailed Gecko
So any clues?
deesygirl

What kind of turtle do you have?
deesygirl

What kind of turtle do you have?
l8or g8or

A RES is an aquatic turtle and needs to be in a tank FILLED with water, not misted. It also needs a basking area to get out onto to dry off - with a uvb bulb above the basking area. You also will need a filter and a heater to keep the water from getting too cold.
Last edited by l8or g8or on Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
l8or g8or

Please check out the tab up above that is titled \"Care Sheets\", Turtle Newbie\" and \"Setup/Supplies\".... and get that little turtle into some water!!! ;)
InvisableMarker
Level 2
Level 2

Thats not what i ment, i have all these things, he is about 1 1/2 inches and has a 5 gallon tank with a nasking area and a half the tank is a pool about 5 1/2 inches deep, i was just wondering it anyone knew if a turtle would notice of care to have a humid environment, i know they don\'t need one but it was just a question of happiness
l8or g8or

Oh, thank goodness! I totally misunderstood :) If it is aquatic, it already is going to be humid so no worries.
  • Information