Sad News

Discussions about turtles.
pamoch1
Level 1
Level 1

Well, our first RES has died. I really think he may have been sick from the start, but how would anyone know?

Also, the person we bought him from was so wrong about the care of these little guys. So at first we didn\'t have the setup right at all (no heater or UVB light). I think he just went into shock and never recovered from it.

Take this advice: To anyone thinking about buying a turtle, PLEASE read carefuly and take SERIOUSLY all the instructions you get. There is more to these little creatures that I ever realized. I hate that we didn\'t get to enjoy the playfulness that I\'ve read so much about on this site.

Thanks for all the help I received from everyone!
InvisableMarker
Level 2
Level 2

I am sorry for you loss, I only hope that it won\'t happen to any other poor turtles, the people I got my turtle from were also miss informed and I am working to make him a nw habitate as soon as possiable so he can be removed from the \"death bowl\"
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

I\'m so sorry that had to happen. I just wish these people who sell turtles would take the time and consideration to do some proper research on how to care for the little guys. It\'s kind of like the puppy mill buisness. Well, if you decide to buy another turtle, now you know what not to do, so in a way he didn\'t die for nothing.
Take care.
  • Information