FLOATING TURTLE?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
grrrace

my turtle has been floating on the surface of the water of her bowl these days. she has not been able to submerge herself completely due to the fact that the back part of her shell is floating.

is the turtle\'s shell just filled with air, or is there another reason for this occurence? thanks in advance.
l8or g8or

grrrace - you mentioned \"bowl\". Give us a little more information ok? What kind of setup do you have her in? Does she have a basking area, a UVB bulb, is the water warm enough? What has she been eating? Can you post pictures possibly?
grrrace

she has all of the the things you mentioned. i\'ve been feeding your food sticks and occassionally some feeding guppies. i\'d post a picture, but i don\'t have a camera available at the moment.

can anybody help me? she\'s still floating..
l8or g8or

I am thinking that you better seek a vet. I really have no idea why she would be floating. Is she able to go to the bottom at all? When you say \"floating\", does her bottom hang lower than her front?
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I recently read you article about your res not being able to submerge because its ind part tends to float upwardss...i have seen one of my res struggling in the same way sometimes...tho it is not a regular problem i have seen it doing this sometimes...(otherwise it is very healthy ....eats and basks....

Please tell me how i turned out ..so i too can do something if there indeed is a problem
  • Information