HELP TURTLE FELL!!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

PS.shes a older RES she had a previous owner !!! and shes HUGE!!!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

i just sent u an email....hope it helps
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

ok i havent got it yet but i will check again thanks !!!! i will lte you know!!
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

i wnated to add she comes up for air then goes back under!!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

that's a really good sign!!!!!!!!! =o) at least she is doing that....go ahead and take her out.....when she's moving around again put her back in the aquarium and see what she does
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

i just looked at here again shes by her basking area now not at the bottem of the tank until i come up to the tank then she freaks,,which sucks cause we just built this whole trust thing ya know hen i first got her if she was basking and i came by the tank she jumo back in the water now i can touch her and she doesnt care!!! now shes freaked of me again!!! thansk for your help!!!i will let you know how she is doing ok!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

just give her a day....all of mine get freaked every once in a while...she will sooner than you think. trust me....i've had turtles for YEARS. glad she is doing good. =o)
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

if u want more info there is a great first aid page on here........
Michelle31
Level 1
Level 1

well im very happy to say that Yertle is very normal today i woke up and fed her at the usual time i do and she ate then got up on her basking area and basked .....last night she wouldnt eat she just hid in the corner under water only to come up for air...after awhile she sat on the lower rock(underwater but she can sit comfortably and her heads out of the water...)i have in the tank...now she is resting on the big rock (her basking area out of the water)she seems a little spooked by me but she does that some days anyway i want to thank you so much for easing my mind being a first time RES owner i wasnt sure what the fall(2 feet)would do i know they have armor(shell)so to say but still!!!!!!!!!.......i will check in from time to time ....anyone know a easier way to clean a turtle tank besides taking everythiing out to clean it by hand i do this once a week it takes a little over an hour i wash EVERYTHING rocks,basking rocks,and all the other stuff then i take a bucket and scoop out the water ...yertles water gets dirty fast i haev a gravel filter any sugestions for a better stystem and a way to clean it out!!
  • Information