Here\'s my re-introduction!

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, I don\'t think anyone remembers me so here goes...
I\'m 13, still living in Canada and a pround owner of two wonderful, yearling painteds, Keiko and Shamu. (Keikos probably a male so the name isn\'t so suitable anymore) I found Shamu in my backyard, my mom and I think he was dropped there by a bird since the pond is 4 doors down and a bit on our street. I knew he was special because he was burrowed down in a patch of clovers and I bent down to pick one and there he was! Plus my dad had just mowed the lawn a few minutes before and it was lucky he wasn\'t stepped on or turned into a turtle purée. He got to live in our permanent backyard pond. I found Keiko at a gravel pit. Once I caught her I noticed she had a really bad shell lesion so I took her home and started treatment. She was also lucky, because that fall they started construction and the once beautiful spring-fed pond, is now a sewage reservoir surrounded by a tree-less expanse of mud. I know I\'m going to hear from people who think it\'s cruel to take a wild animal from it\'s habitat even though it would have died where it was but I\'m really trying to make their lives non-dependant on humans. Once the new turtle pond is dug, the only things we\'ll be doing is making sure it\'s clean, safe and that they are getting a good enough diet. Right now they\'re living in a 10g tank but as soon as the weather\'s nice we\'ll be putting them outside in the pond. I really love my turtles and other animals including my papillon, my 2 budgies, my skinny pig and fantail. Sorry if that was to long but there are so many new members since the last time I logged in and I want to meet you all!
Thanks and bye bye for now!
·penguin_perfection
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

YAY another Canadian! haha
Sennyo
Level 2
Level 2

Cannucks are cool :) Welcome back and nice to meet ya!
  • Information