RES not eating pellets

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
luchiecharmz
Level 1
Level 1

My baby RES isn\'t eating his pellets...I\'m worried that hes going to die...can someone help me.
Sakmet
Level 1
Level 1

More info would help out here, like what you\'re setup is like. Is everything proper for a water turtle? Temperatures, UV lighting, etc. Take a look at the care sheets on this page to make sure that it\'s not something in his environment that might be causing his lack of appetite.
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

Did you just get the baby RES?
Either the temperature may be too cold, or it just doesn\'t like pellets. What I would try doing is, try to feed it a variety of foods first, something thats more appealing than pellets, like dried shrimp etc.
hope your RES eats soon~
BeckDaPig
Level 2
Level 2

luchiecharmz wrote:
My baby RES isn\'t eating his pellets...I\'m worried that hes going to die...can someone help me.
please check ur temperature in the tank
having a heat source, espcially a basking lamp, is essential. No appetite, swollen eyes, sluggishness of my baby RES are all cured after i gave her proper heating.

so be sure u have a basking lamp

piggy
new_res_owner
Level 1
Level 1

Has your baby res started eating pellets yet? I got mine 3 days ago. Of the 3 things I fed it, it eats romaine lettuce, dried shrimp but not the pellets which has alot of vitamins it is probably missing. Kind of worried about them.
  • Information