NAMES

Discussions about turtles.
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

Hey out there, does anyone know any neat turtle names? I've been trying to decide on a name for like a month but can't think of one. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks Chelsea
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

When I chose a name for my turtle, I really wanted to make it an African name, so I searched for African names on the internet... I got alot of results. I named my turtle Abeeku Zirie. We call him Ku Ku or Peekaboo as nicknames. Anyway, I also liked the name Zabrie.

Sherryl
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

sometimes after you've had them a couple of days names just come to you. that's what I done with harley and israel. sometimes personality has a lot to do with names, and their looks.
Debi S.
Level 2
Level 2

I just let the kiddos name them. Sassy and Teddy. They are right about the personalities taking forth and helping you. My sister has a puppy and was always calling it " Baby " But she want something different. So her friends of a different culture told her that " baby" was pronounced, " Eggia " So she went with that.
Just trying to help.
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks so much for the tips. I acctually only have to name one of my two turtles because the other one "tecnicly" belongs to my brother. But i get to feed them and take care of them. thanks again for the tips.
RedCabrio

I always name my turtles after video game characters. My 3 turtles that I have now are Sonic, Alex Kidd, and Qotile.
Not everyone is such a big videogame enthusiast as I am, (DIE NINTENDO!!) but in case you need a list of interesting characters...
Sega Characters
Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Erik the Swift, (for a fast turtle) Baelog the Fierce, (for a mean turtle) Olaf the Stout, (for a fat or slow turtle) Shinobi, Zeed, Neo, Neo Zeed, Tarik, Axel, Blaze, Shenmue
Atari Characters
Yar, Qotile, Midnight Magic, (for a mean turtle) Solaris (I would only name a land turtle this.)
Hope it helped! (Some...)
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

I FINALLY decided on a name for my turtle. I named him rosso because he's a red ear slider and rosso is the italian word for red. My brother named his turtle Gerald for unknown reasons. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
angelbaby15

blejnbaby wrote:
sometimes after you\'ve had them a couple of days names just come to you. that\'s what I done with harley and israel. sometimes personality has a lot to do with names, and their looks.

Blejnbaby is right. The name Earl just came to me with my 3 1/2 month old res.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

Debi S. wrote:
I just let the kiddos name them. Sassy and Teddy. They are right about the personalities taking forth and helping you. My sister has a puppy and was always calling it \" Baby \" But she want something different. So her friends of a different culture told her that \" baby\" was pronounced, \" Eggia \" So she went with that.
Just trying to help.
you can see sassy and teddy on my web page photo gallery.just go to
www.geocities.com/redslidetank
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

RedCabrio wrote:
I always name my turtles after video game characters. My 3 turtles that I have now are Sonic, Alex Kidd, and Qotile.
Not everyone is such a big videogame enthusiast as I am, (DIE NINTENDO!!) but in case you need a list of interesting characters...
Sega Characters
Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Erik the Swift, (for a fast turtle) Baelog the Fierce, (for a mean turtle) Olaf the Stout, (for a fat or slow turtle) Shinobi, Zeed, Neo, Neo Zeed, Tarik, Axel, Blaze, Shenmue
Atari Characters
Yar, Qotile, Midnight Magic, (for a mean turtle) Solaris (I would only name a land turtle this.)
Hope it helped! (Some...)
well i thought i was the only one here with a life outside of turtles and reptiles,but yes reptiles do rock.I have 2 leopard geckos,a ball python,2 turtles (res and slider),and 5 red eyed leaf frogs.I have to cram them in my room as my mom wont let me use the gradge (mind you my parents don\'t know about the ball python,I\'ve hidden it in my closet for about one year now,plan on telling them soon).I breed RES but they are not mine i work at the pet shop so i do that stuff.See ya and may the force be with you (star wars fan)
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

i know alot of names
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

jbird507 wrote:
i know alot of names
is your turtle a boy or a girl>?
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

jbird507 wrote:
jbird507 wrote:
i know alot of names
is your turtle a boy or a girl>?
if youn want some ideas just come to me!
  • Information