Eating Habits

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Linus, the hungry one out of my bunch is ALWAYS hungry. I can't feed him enough. It has gotten to wear he wants to be fed every time I enter a room. He is constantly begging for food. The other three seems to be fine and content after their meal. Am I not feeding him enough, or is this just normal behavior for a turtle that is between 4 and 5 years of age? Plus, every time I turn around he is shedding. It was once every 2 or 3 months, now it is adveraging about once a month. Anyone have a clue?
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brandy. My turtle is always begging me for food too. But he only likes to eat goldfish and worms... he won't touch anything else I give him. I think it is normal for him to beg when he sees you. Do you give in to him all the time? I was told that I should try not feeding mine for a couple days, so he will eat the other food I give him, but he gets so hyper and freaked out that he is such a good beggar... I just can't help but to give in.
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

Check with your vet. To me it kinda sounds like tape worms for turtles.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

he begs but i don't always give in. they know when their regualar meal times are because i am so punctual about giving it to them on time. sometimes the others beg, but not as much as linus. i don't think it's tape worms because he is way to healthy. he's stomach is protruding and he is very very very active. tape worms usually cause the opposite. and linus is not picky...lol. maybe he just thinks he can talk me into an extra snack. i think it's working.
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

He is still young, and maybe he thinks he should still eat like a baby!!! As long as he is active and healthy, and he isn't obese... I don't think you should worry about him.
Sherryl
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

i do believe u are right. i'm not going to worry unless i see some real problems
  • Information