NEED HELP ASAP!!!!! Emergency!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Pet Girl

I have two RES and I had a terrible accident with them!! They were sitting in the laundry tub while I was cleaning there tank and I did not realize that the washer was on at the time. When I came back to get them they were submerged in water with clothes detergent in it!!! I phoned the vet right away and spoke with her about it. They seem fine other the the obvious fact that their eyes are very irritated. They are under the water in their tank with eyes closed at all times. Now i know that they have a protective layer over their eyes that keeps them kinda water proof and the vet did mention that this may become damages. I am wondering if the protective layer was gone or damages could this be a way of nature fixing the problem? or will it cause permanent damage? if it will get better how long does it take? Please help, I am VERY concerned for them. Thanks
Last edited by Pet Girl on Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

was thier bleech in the water too?becouse i know that bleech could kill them .if it was just soap then i think they will come around. i hope everything works out ok. im really sorry to here that.poor little guys
Pet Girl

Oh My God!!! I just got up out of bed to check on my turtles and they both have their eyes open and they are eating!! I am soooooo happy. I am just glad that they are ok :-)
l8or g8or

I\'m glad everything is ok. Keep a close eye on them, and next time make sure the washer isn\'t running ;) Maybe you should get a big bucket to put them in just in case....
  • Information