hello everyone!

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
l8or g8or

Guess I will go first! I have 4 adorable turtles - Joe Mama (res), Cecil (res), Fazsha (painted), & Moley (Diamondback). I got our first turtle about 4 years ago as a hatchling & she lived upstairs, I brought her downstairs and was going to find her a good home when I fell in love with her - the rest is history. I am 42 years old & have 3 teenage daughters, I have been married for 23 years in May. I also have 3 Dachshunds - Maggie, Liberty & Willy. I spend all my free time taking care of my turtles & on my computer! Check out my pictures (the link is in my signature!)
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

How old are your daughters? Wow you love your animals very much you even have a website on them! haha
Sennyo
Level 2
Level 2

Fazsha\'s a lovely name :) I really hope I can have as much success w/ my lil one as you have with yours. She seems to be happy enough, she\'s in the process of chasing a little bug that\'s flying around the room atm. it\'s adorable :)
l8or g8or

Thanks!! My daughters are 20 in July, 18 in November & 16 in May. Boy they are getting old and I haven\'t aged a bit!!
InvisableMarker
Level 2
Level 2

I just returned from a trip to New York City where I purchased a poor little (res) it\'s only about 1 1/2 inches! I got him in China Town where they were being sold for turtle soup! ,u.u, ::sniffle:: perhaps you guys can help me think of a fitting name for the poor fellow, he started off life hard, being kept in a tiny placis tank with only water and about 10 other baby turtles..
l8or g8or

Since he/she came from China Town, how about Oolong.
InvisableMarker
Level 2
Level 2

Thats a good idea, A Chinese name I mean. I\'ll think on it. Thanks
jennylei
Level 1
Level 1

I also got my two turtles in China Town, but I had no idea they were for turtle soup. I named mine Chinko!! She was SOOOO cute when I got her I couldn\'t resist!!
new_res_owner
Level 1
Level 1

I bought mine in Chinatown in Boston. I\'m seeing a trend here with these Chinatown shops...
sumbuddyluvsu

l8or g8or wrote:
Guess I will go first! I have 4 adorable turtles - Joe Mama (res), Cecil (res), Fazsha (painted), & Moley (Diamondback). I got our first turtle about 4 years ago as a hatchling & she lived upstairs, I brought her downstairs and was going to find her a good home when I fell in love with her - the rest is history. I am 42 years old & have 3 teenage daughters, I have been married for 23 years in May. I also have 3 Dachshunds - Maggie, Liberty & Willy. I spend all my free time taking care of my turtles & on my computer! Check out my pictures (the link is in my signature!)

Hi there...Wow you must be busy with all the neat animals. My family and I are new to taking care of turtles. We are finding they are neat,and fun to watch! I am married and have two kids. a daughter and a son. 10 and 8. We have the two turtles, and a 45 gal tank with two oscars and a red pacu, and a 55 gal tank with an assortment of fish....two parrot fish, one angel fish, three fancy gold fish, 1 feeder gold fish, 12 aqua frogs, and 1 snail. We also have 1 cat named Ruben, and one calico kitten on its way. Gee after reading my pet list I am almost caught up with every one else....lol
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

Hi. you have really cute turtles. the first RES reminded me of my old turtle(R.I.P)but now i have 4 happy and healthy turtles.good luck with them.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

omg ur turtles rock! hey umm new res_owner you said you bought ur turtles in boston do u live there because i live in south boston and i havent looked but are there a lot of turtes in Chinatown waiting to be sold?
  • Information