Fake plants

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
RachaelAbrams

Does anyone have them in the tank? We have recently gone up to a 55gal tank for Gidget and Wiggles and gone all out to make a cozy home, and they keep digging the plants up, every morning they are floating on the top. Is there a reason why?
human177
Level 3
Level 3

Turtles are a disaster with real plants, use plastics, don\'t worry, they\'ll quickly learn they\'re not edible
deesygirl

Mine like to dig up the plants and then hide in them. I solved the resetting issue by buying a large vine type fake plant. They are used in reptile cages. I then took the base off and just float the plant on the water. They love it. They can hide and the smaller ones can even climb on the top and \"float\".
meskillll
Level 1
Level 1

I wouldn\'t even dare put real plants, our 2 RES are such bulldozers, and they\'d just make a huge mess, probably clog the filters. We do have 2 fake plants in there, of course they do dig them up, but I\'ve seen them floating on/under them!
  • Information