fish my turtle will eat

Discussions about turtles.
Jenn

my convict cichlids recently gave birth to about a million (exageration)babies. i know my Oscar and Pictus catfish will take care of most of them, but when they get to be the size of minnows, would my painted turtle eat them? or is she limited to specific fish?
mjorgen
Level 1
Level 1

it should be fine i cant think of a reason why it wouldnt be ok
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

My paint will eat fish three times the size of his own head if i let him get hungry. I have tropical fish in the tank at all times and out of the 15 I startd with over three months ago I have 10 left. He doesn\'t eat them very often, but he will eat them
guamturtle
Level 1
Level 1

your turt will definetly eat them up....when my turtle was 3-4 inches it ate up a fish about the same size....it took a while though!
niekeho99

hi i live in hawaii and i rescued a turtle from the ocean yesterday he is a red ear slidder. i bought him a tank fed him and took him to the pet store they said he looked fine but was a little dehytrated....question? how can i tell if it is a female or male? he is outside on our lani(porch) and gets 4 hours of sun a day is this enough? thanks for the help
meskillll
Level 1
Level 1

I don\'t think you rescued him. He was in his natural habitat! I hope when you find out that their not an easy animal to take care of, that you don\'t just release him back. You mess with the ecosystem like that!
  • Information