Vacation issues

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
stuffigot
Level 1
Level 1

How can I take of my turtles when going on vacation for a week. Besides taking then with me and I have nobody to feed them. Will they be OK for the week?
Dottie
Level 2
Level 2

I heard of people leaving several tiny goldfish (feeders) in the tank so that the turtles will have food to eat while they were away for a short amount of days...

You can experiement now on your turtles to see if they would eat the tiny feeders, and how much they need to eat till full....

But my turtle, I know that she will eat all the fish and not leave any...so I don\'t leave her alone when I go away. I always make sure someone feeds her when Im away.
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

You can leave your turtle alone for a week or even longer if you do a few things. Make sure that food is available.
1)Feed the turtle loads of food just before you leave
2)Put aquatic plants in the tank before you leave
3)I put ghost shrimp and guppies for him to eat also.

This way he has alot of food to choose from. He probably won\'t eat for a few days after you leave, and if he eats all of the live food then he will still have the plants if he gets hungry enough......

I am going to Mexico for 10 days in April and I will probabaly have someone stop over once to see if he needs more food.

Later
  • Information