dry tank?

Discussions about turtles.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

I had kiwi out of the water for about an hour and a half and her shell hasn\'t been feeling as hard the past little while.. but when i picked her up to put her back in her tank today her shell felt almost compleatly better.. should i be keeping her in a dry tank? please help if you can! and if the answer is a dry tank what exactly do i need and all of that since i\'ve never used a dry tank before. thank you
l8or g8or

How old is Kiwi? Young turtles shells are somewhat softer to begin with. If she/he has a basking area and is using it, I wouldn\'t worry about the dry tank.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

Kiwi is probably 6 months or so.( i got kiwi from previous owners.. but i know that she came right from the pet shop who only sells like hatchlings) this whole soft shell thing is driving me nuts as so far i have heared 2 major things.. one is that she\'s too young to be worrying about soft shell as she might still have somewhat of a soft shell because of hatching.. where as the other people are telling me that by the time she\'s 6 months old her shell should be rock hard and that it\'s a lack of calcium and i need to buy a uvb bulb.. (i\'m getting one this weekend just incase) but yes. i hope that has givin you some insight on kiwi mabye you can help! (p.s. i\'ve looked at your tanks l8tor g8tor and i love them!)
BeckDaPig
Level 2
Level 2

YUP, l8or g8or \'S TANK LOOKS FANTASTIC TO LIVE IN

PIGG
  • Information