Veggies??

Discussions about turtles.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone tell my what veggies a baby res would like besides carrots?? Or just tell my what yours likes!
Thanks
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

Kiwi (my res) loves lettus! she\'d eat a head of it herself if you\'d let her but i only feed her leaf or romain never ice berg as i read it\'s not a healthy as the others.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the reply Erica I have tried that and Charly and Lindy just don\'t like it is there anything else your turtle likes? Any one else feed there turtles something different?
sarky
Level 2
Level 2

I\'ve successfully fed my turtle steamed broccoli, green beans, and kale, but what he really loves is fruit. Strawberries, grapes, watermelon, canteloupe, and apples - he loves them all. He doesn\'t really like romaine lettuce either. He does like aquatic plants though, like anacharis.

One trick I\'ve learned to make a turtle eat his veggies is to feed them to him first. If he\'s hungry he\'ll eat them right up. Then I reward him with a mealworm or brine shrimp.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you very much you have been the most helpful person on this website! No one seems to answer my postings :(!!!
Dottie
Level 2
Level 2

I feed my turtles anything that is very green and leafy. And as Sarky said, I also feed my turtle the veggies first so that she will eat them up first and then feed her the protein pellets.

I think the greener the leafy vegetables is, the better for the turtle.
minimanY2Kev
Level 1
Level 1

my turtle really duznt like veggies, probably since it is still young... i read somewhere that younger turtles like protein pellets and feeder fish... they supposedly prefer veggies when they are older. i dont give my turtle fish everyday but i do it occasionally since the turtle catching the fish (i hav an res in a mostly water tank) is good excercise for it
goten

I have two baby res, and 1 of them likes corn that is surprising becus most baby res do not like viggies, so try to feed it to them.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you very much I will do so! I have tried everything under the sun except corn! thanks for the advice!
Sakmet
Level 1
Level 1

My baby RES has also eaten some corn. They\'ve snubbed the romaine lettuce, carrots and strawberries so far, though!
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Well then I will have to try corn but they just LOVE their pellets! haha wierd they like they healthy food isn\'t it? Thank you
meskillll
Level 1
Level 1

My 2 RES(Timmy & Little Swimmer) are about a year and a few months and they don\'t care for vegetables. I read that lettuce has absolutely no nutritional value at all, actually. Although, they do like peeled grapes! They also LOVE feeder fish. They mainly eat pellets and shrimp, though.
  • Information